‘ Making money isn’t hard in itself…What is hard is to earn it doing something worth devoting one’s life too.’
– Carlos Ruiz Zafon
1. Accept that this journey is going to be hard and that there is no better time than right now to take action and COMMIT.
2. Once you have done this, start to explore ways to define your life’s purpose – what are you passionate about and what makes you happy? When you have clarity about your purpose and your passions, and then put a PLAN in place outlining the steps you need to take to get you to where you want to be in your life. Defining your life purpose in some ways is easy – defining the pathway to fulfilling your life purpose is the hard part and will require courage, focus, and commitment. Remember that the reward for you will be a life filled with happiness and success.
3. Figure out how you will deal with your fears, your insecurities, your excuses or any blocks that will stop you from going on this journey. Get to know them because if you are not focused, and do not have self-belief, then you will give up.
4. Do not worry about others and what they are doing or achieving. Stop comparing yourself to others and start working on you and your belief in YOU.
5. Be prepared to work hard and focus on delivering results. Set achievable goals, sort out your finances, get support and just start doing what you need to do – happiness will follow.
6. Become Resilient – you need to learn how to bounce back and step up. Life will throw you some curve balls, you will make mistakes and you will feel at times very sorry for yourself. You need to overcome the low points toughen up and bounce back. It is just the way it is.
7. Find your Courage – you will need it when you step out of your comfort zone.
8. Practice Gratitude daily, be generous and help others – this is one of the easiest things to do on this journey, so do lots if it. The more grateful you are, the more generous you are and the more you help people, the happier you will be.
9. Enjoy the journey – live in the moment, make time to have fun and celebrate often. You will find that the more you do this the happier you will be and the closer you will be to making a living doing what you love.
10. Be Realistic about your ideal life – you may not have it all but you can have enough to be very happy. Focus on the top 3-4 priorities in your life that will bring your happiness and joy.
11. Despite the hard work required to find happiness and success in your life, it is so worth it. The 10 action steps if you choose to follow them will create the opportunity for you to make a great life.
Life is too short to spend time making a living where you just exist. Life is more than just living with mediocrity. You deserve more and you are entitled to live a life of joy and happiness. It is not too late to live your ideal life. I know that you need to factor in the economics of earning money – it is important to have in our lives. However, you can make a living while making a life, people all over the world are doing it – So why can't you be one of these people?